There are several ways to make the world a better place. You can volunteer your time, donate money to charity, or use your skills to help others. However, there is another way you can help save the environment by using sustainable everyday gadgets and gear, such as flashlights.
Why Does the World Need Another Flashlight?
Flashlights are indispensable for homeowners, outdoor enthusiasts, construction workers, and first responders. People look for flashlights with strong light intensity, brightness, long battery life, impact durability, and water resistance. Even in today’s smartphone-dependent world, flashlights are still the best choice for many lighting tasks.
Because they are in almost every home, office, boat, and other vehicles, how we use and discard flashlights and other battery-operated electronics impacts the environment. Unfortunately, most flashlights currently on the market are not designed to be sustainable. They are typically unreliable and break easily, so consumers need to purchase replacements. Selecting a rechargeable flashlight as a replacement is a great sustainable option that doesn’t rely on disposable batteries and can recharge on any USB outlet for infinite use.
Criteria of Sustainable Flashlights
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that we toss out 180,000 tons of batteries, about 3 billion batteries, into landfills annually. Sustainable flashlights are one significant solution to reducing disposable battery consumption.
Consider the following standards when searching for sustainable flashlights:
- Eco-Friendly Materials - All parts of the flashlight should be environmentally friendly. For example, the body, switch, and the battery should come from sustainable or recycled materials as much as possible. For example, a body made out of aluminum which is an infinitely recyclable metal.
- Rechargeable Batteries - Rechargeable batteries reduce waste. For example, Infinity X1 flashlights have dual power modes, a USB rechargeable core, and a dry cell battery option as a backup if electrical power is unavailable.
- Durable Components – Every part of a flashlight must be tough, water resistant and withstand accidental dropping. If one component breaks easily, it renders the entire flashlight useless and requires unnecessary replacement.
- Recyclable Materials –To be environmentally friendly, the flashlight materials and packaging should be high-quality and recyclable.
What is the best example of such a sustainable flashlight?
The Perfect Eco-Friendly Flashlight
The Infinity X1 flashlight is 100% eco-friendly. It’s an EDC (Everyday Carry) flashlight with a body and bezel constructed from rugged aircraft-grade aluminum guaranteed to last a lifetime. It’s 12.6 inches long and only 2.2 inches in diameter, fitting comfortably in small or large hands. The flashlight is tough enough to withstand multiple drops and is water-resistant.
The hybrid power with dual-core technology makes this flashlight unique and sustainable. The Infinity X1 Highland Series flashlights can recharge using a standard USB port. They also accept AA batteries as a backup, so you always have reliable light.
Infinity X1 Benefits Any Activity
Aside from helping the environment, this flashlight offers many beneficial features, including:
- Hybrid power using a USB rechargeable core or traditional AA batteries.
- The illuminated battery indicator gives you visual notice before the charge runs out.
- The flashlight doubles as an emergency phone charger.
- An adjustable beam - narrow for detailed observation to wide for perimeter searches.
- Three power settings provide the right light and long-lasting battery life.
- The end cap has two sturdy lanyard mounting holes to keep the light handy.
The most powerful model shines bright at 5000 lumens and has an effective lighting range of 200 meters. That’s the same as five 100-watt incandescent bulbs or ten 60-watt CFLs!
One charge lasts up to 5 hours of continuous use whether indoors, outdoors, at sea, or on land.
Keep Your Family Safe and the Environment Healthy
Providing you and your family with emergency flashlights is essential for safety. Why not combine protection with an environmentally responsible choice?
Even a slight adjustment, such as switching to a sustainable flashlight, can positively impact the environment. Flashlights like the Infinity X1 Highland Series are eco-friendly and cost less than other brands without sacrificing features or quality.